From Esperanto, from Polish Czy (interrogative particle)
- (Placed at beginning of sentence, introduces a yes-no question) (alt.:Ĉu)
- -Ĉy to studisto das? -Sie / nie
- -Art thou student? -Yes / No
- (Placed at end of sentences, harsh particle of irony, pretty unpolite) As if (alt.:Ĉu)
- Sahrel chakikopas ĉy!
- As if one could walk up to the moon!
- (Placed at beginning of sentence, introduces a polite request) Please (alt.:Ĉu
- Ĉy bakhanu?
- Would you please answer?
Other writings Edit
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.